Monday, November 10, 2014

Can I Tell You a Secret? (Slightly Embarrassing Photo Inside)

Hey, can I tell you a secret?  Well, maybe not SO much a secret, especially if you saw the videos from the past weekend.

I'm a little chunky right now.

Really.  Look.


As you can see, I have some love handles working and I've got a bit of a tummy.

Can I tell you something else? I can't really figure out why, though that's not completely true, so let me explain.

I can't figure out exactly why I put on about 8 lbs. A couple of months ago, I had just finished a pretty comprehensive (and strict) protocol, I was down right near my goal weight - then I got burned out and sick and gained a few pounds.  Then, even though I was eating well and exercising, I still continued to gain weight.

I was a bit flummoxed to be honest.  I even stepped up my workout schedule. Looked into balancing my hormones more with my food choices. I even wasted some money on garcinia cambosia. No luck, I gained weight.

I changed my eating protocols a couple of times too. Feast/Intermittent fasting protocols. 4 hour body protocol. Paleo. Nope, still gaining weight.

Then I realized something. I gained weight this same time last year too. And the year before that. And the year before that. For some reason, it seems in this October/November time frame, I always gain weight.  No idea why. I just gain weight.

Now, I've also done a bit more research and it seems that I have other allergy related stuff going on in this time frame as well. My body is completely out of sync from the way I usually function. More rest required, less energy to expend.

So why am I telling you this? Why am I pointing out my chubby pictures? I mean, I'm supposed to be a fitness professional, right? I'm supposed to be lean at 8% body fat and ready to pose for those fitness magazine pictures right?  But I'm not. 

And sometimes, neither will you.  Sometimes you'll be doing everything right, but for whatever reason (stress, hormones, allergies, lack of sleep, whatever) YOU will seem to be doing everything right, but not see the results. You'll be wondering "HEY! I'm doing all these killer workouts, thousands of burpees - whatever - and I'm not a fitness model!" It happens.

Here's what to do. Keep doing the right things. Keep getting up and working out. Keep eating well. Right at the moment you may feel frustrated, but when the switch does flip, when all of a sudden your body starts working along its normal baseline, you're going to be happy. You'll be thrilled that you've constrained the worst of it AND your body will be better prepared to CRUSH the next phase.

So, what's my motive for pointing out the chubby pictures? Just this: Don't give up. Don't ever give up. Don't quit. Even whey you're frustrated, even when it's not working the way you want to - DON'T STOP. And when you're tempted to, then come here and look at those pictures and this post.

I'm not going to stop - I've got too many reasons to keep going, to many things I still have planned to do. I'm not going to quit, because if I quit I'll never accomplish what I've set out to accomplish. Keep working with me.

Keep pushing. Keep striving. Keep doing. You will succeed.

Maybe you're saying "oh no! it's too late for me!" NO it's not. It's never too late. Get back on the horse and start riding boys and girls.

You are the little engine that could. "I think I can. I think I can. I KNOW I can."

You can do it. I'll be right here with you.

Crush it,
Phillip



No comments:

Post a Comment